Welcome to Reaching ONEderland where my goal is to help you reach your goal and maintain it because without maintaining your weight loss goal, you are actually on a weight loss rollercoaster, and I don’t want you there. I want you to hit your goal and stay there.
Today’s episode is brought to you by Become a MacroUnicorn where I teach you how to use macros to lose weight, balance hormones, bust cravings, and break the weight loss plateaus.
So what is episode 17? I actually want to talk to you about, the reasons intuitive eating didn’t work for me. And I don’t think it’s going to work for you and why I chose Macros instead.
Intuitive eating always cracks me up because I could intuitively eat an entire box of donuts because they taste good.
And in a period of my life where I used food to cope, a box of donuts was right up there with what I would be eating.
Another problem with intuitive eating is I am hungry all the flipping and time.
And if I eat according to the intuitive eating “rules”, I’m eating when I’m hungry and only when I’m hungry.
Well, that leads me to eat a whole lot more if I don’t have some kind of a structure.
And finally, and another reason is, my world was focused on food. So intuitively eating means you sit there and you enjoy what you’re eating.
I’m not saying that you shouldn’t incorporate some of the intuitive eating philosophies into Macros.
But I’m saying the intuitive eating alone is not going to help you reach your weight loss goal!
This is because there’s no structure.
And to be perfectly honest with you with intuitive eating when my cravings took me way off track, I gained weight because there was no structure to intuitive eating.
Intuitive eating is “eat what makes your body feel good”.
Well, my body felt pretty flipping awesome at that period in my life, eating a box of donuts or eating two snicker bars on the way home from the store.
I wasn’t in tune enough with my body at that time to pay attention to how inflamed I felt- or to me, it was a normal feeling.
In This Episode I share:
- Why structure is needed to lose weight and maintain that weight loss
- Why intuitive eating does not provide that structure
- What happens when we intuitively eat and don’t get enough calories (hint slows weight loss)
- Why tracking calories is a great return on your time investment (that feeling of success is like a drug!)
- Why adding structure can bust some of your cravings
- Why whole foods in any program is the way to go
- Why you need to know your body type to feed your body what it needs to lose weight
- Why tracking your food can be one of your most important healthy habits.
- Why macros and tracking your food can help you lose weight consistently, balance hormones, bust cravings, break plateaus, & get back on track
If you want to learn more about becoming a MacroUnicorn, you can check that out at ONEderlandWellness.net/MacroUnicorn.
Remember- You can do anything for five minutes, it’s those small, consistent steps that you take every day that get you to your goal. In this case, tracking what you eat and following your Macros!
Don’t Know Where to Start Creating a Simply Healthy Lifestyle?
If you're new here, and you don’t know where to start on your journey? I lost 120 lbs and I have kept it off for almost 8 years. Check out the following posts to get you started.
- Switch Your Focus To Become The Healthy Person You Want To Be
- Ditch the Fear of Getting Started and Get Healthy
- Start Using a Printable Habit Tracker to See Quick Success
- Using Non-Scale Goals to Create a Healthy Diet for Weight Loss
- 3 Weight Loss Tips I Used to lose 100 pounds
And while you're here ya should definitely grab guide to get started creating some basic habits, the pre work no one talks about to creating a Simply Healthy Lifestyle.
Stop Stress Eating with Simple Habits
Ace Certified Health Coach, Precision Nutrition PN1 Coach, Fit Chicks Certified Fitness, Nutrition & Wellness Expert
Hey You Amazing Lady!
Let me help you reach your healthy lifestyle goals. I've lost 120 pounds and maintained it for 8 years, and helped countless others reach their goal too. I'm an ACE Certified Health Coach, a certified Precision Nutrition Level 1 Coach and a Certified Wellness, Nutrition and Fitness Coach for people who want to reach ONEderland (below 199 on the scale) and stay there, I coach you and give you the tools to change your nutrition and movement habits and change you life forever.
Through my passionate and open hearted Online Wellness classes, Digital products, and a Simply Healthy Accountability membership. I'm here to inspire you to change your approach to weight loss and wellness—while making it all feel like a natural part of who you are.
And when I'm not coaching you can find me walking with my teens, hanging with my hubby, or playing with my dogs (all four of them).